The rail freight service to and from China has developed proportionally to the fastest growing and most popular modes of transport in recent years, and offers an inexpensive and environmentally friendly alternative to expensive air freight or delayed sea freight.
With several weekly departures from train stations all over China and with approx. 28 days door-to-door, the transit time for rail transport is exactly in the middle of that of air and sea freight, which makes rail an attractive mode of transport.
The environmentally friendly aspect also makes rail a preferred means of transport with ca. 95% less CO2 emissions than air freight.
We have been offering this service for a number of years and have acquired the necessary know-how. Here are the most important key points for rail transport in China:
- Transit time train station-to-train station 16 to 18 days
- Transit time door-to-door 26 to 28 days
- 4 – 6 departures per week to and from China
- General cargo (LCL shipments) and complete containers (40 foot only)
- GPS monitoring during the entire rail transport
- Containers remain sealed and bonded up to the receiving terminal
- Punctual departures and arrivals
- low transport risks
- simple documentation (analog to sea freight)